n with Philadelphia when he headed into workouts competing with Nick Foles for the starting job. "We knew, both of us co

Forum techniczne
ODPOWIEDZ
yyys123

n with Philadelphia when he headed into workouts competing with Nick Foles for the starting job. "We knew, both of us co

Post autor: yyys123 » 4 grudnia 2019, 03:34

The Winnipeg Goldeyes jumped on the Quebec Capitales early to even their record on their 10-game Can-Am League road trip. Josh Mazzola drove in five runs to lead the Goldeyes (20-12) past the Capitales 11-5 Friday night at Le Stade Municipal in Quebec City. The win moves the Goldeyes back into a first place tie with the St. Paul Saints in the American Associations North Division and improves Winnipegs record to 2-2 on the road trip. The Goldeyes started the scoring in the top of the second inning, as Mazzola singled in Ray Sadler. Reggie Abercrombie followed Mazzola with two-run home run. After Quebec tied the game in the bottom of the second, Winnipeg regained its lead in the top of the fourth. Ryan Pineda singled in Casey Haerther and Jake Blackwood cracked a double to score Pineda. The damage came with two out. Winnipeg really blew things open an inning later. Sadler and Donnie Webb reached base to begin the top of the fifth inning and Mazzola brought them home with a three-run home run. "(Mazzola) has a lot of pop," Goldeyes pitching coach Jamie Vermilyea said on the Jewel 101 post-game show. "Home runs havent been coming to him early the season, but hopefully this gets him going." Three batters later, Pineda hit a two-run shot to give the Goldeyes an insurmountable 10-3 lead. "He had a good night at the plate," Vermilyea said of Pineda. "Its good to get that out of your nine-hole hitter. Any time you have a guy hitting at that spot of your order put the ball out of the park, its a good thing." Following Pinedas home run, Quebec starting pitcher Leondy Perez intentionally hit Tyler Kuhn with a pitch and was ejected from the game. Quebec scratched across single runs in the bottom of the fifth and seventh innings, but Winnipegs massive lead was too much. Sadler scored on a sac fly in the top of the ninth inning to complete the scoring. Aside from Mazzolas five RBI night, Pineda went three-for-four with three RBI and five Goldeyes had multi-hit nights.Goldeyes starter Kyle Anderson gave up four runs – three of which were earned – in 6 1/3 innings to get the win."I know the number line doesnt look all that great, but he pitched well," Vermilyea said. "He just had a couple situations where he left a couple pitches up." Perez was on the hook for 10 runs, all earned, in 4 1/3 innings and took the loss. The Goldeyes can win the series tomorrow night in Quebec. Coverage on Jewel 101 (100.7 FM) begins with Around the Association at 4 p.m., followed by the pre-game show at 4:30 p.m. and first pitch at 5:05 p.m. Drew Steckenrider Jersey . Lineup news, Fantasy tips and more in Scott Cullen’s Statistically Speaking. HEROES Blake Comeau – The Penguins winger had a hat trick in a 4-3 overtime win against Toronto. Jose Quijada Jersey . This is Lowry’s third time winning the award in his career. He won the award last season and as a member of the Houston Rockets in 2011. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/171r ... rlins.html . He will play 10th-seeded Feliciano Lopez in Sundays final, after the Spanish left-hander defeated Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic 7-6 (7), 6-4. Kyle Keller Jersey . Some teams got significantly better, some teams divested themselves of talent and some teams had quiet afternoons, keeping the status quo. Martin Prado Jersey . - Titans quarterback Jake Locker will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, leaving Tennessee trying to rally with Ryan Fitzpatrick.FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets open quarterback competition might already be case closed. At least, thats what Michael Vick thinks. As far as hes concerned, its very clearly Geno Smiths job to lose. "Im wishing the best for Geno," Vick said Thursday during the teams first open media session this off-season. "Im going to help him each and every day. Im going to help him get better. My thing is, when its my time to go out there and play, Ive got to be ready when my numbers called. And nothing can come in between that." Vick, who signed with New York in March, acknowledged this situation is different from last off-season with Philadelphia when he headed into workouts competing with Nick Foles for the starting job. "We knew, both of us coming in, that it was open competition, and the best guy was going to win the job," he said. "Whoever performed well throughout OTAs and preseason, thats just what it was. It was pretty much cut and dried. This situation ... its kind of unique. "But even though its not an open competition, were both competing every day and we both have to perform well each and every day." Coach Rex Ryan and general manager John Idzik have said that Vicks presence is expected to help Smith with his development from his shaky rookie season. Idzik preaches competition at every position, although Ryan has said Smith will be tough to beat out. "Its not been made public that its an open competition," Vick said. "Chip Kelly made it known that it was an open competition (in Philadelphia). But were still not going to change our approach. This is the NFL. Youve got to perform. Youve got to be at your best each and every day." Vick still believes he can be a starter in the NFL, and was playing well in Kellys up-tempo offence before a hamstring injury sidelined him. Foles took over and started the rest of the season. Vick was forced into a mentors role, and he drew praise from Kelly and the Eagles for how he handled the situation. He could find himself in the same situation this season. "Its still tough right now, Ill admmit," Vick said.dddddddddddd "I wont lie. Because deep down, you always want to be a starter. You always feel like youre starting. Thats just the competitive nature in me. And hopefully, that opportunity will come again one day and Ive just got to keep working for it." Despite all that, both Vick and Smith will be closely watched from now through training camp. If the two perform at about the same level, Vick is fairly certain of the outcome. "Yeah, I would assume Geno would be the starter," he said. "Genos making great strides." Smith isnt taking anything for granted, even if Vick already sees him as No. 1. The second-year quarterback knows hes got a long way to go after a season in which he threw 12 touchdown passes and was intercepted 21 times. He finished with a flourish, though, helping the Jets win three of their last four games and going without a turnover in the final two. "Mentally, I wont change," Smith said. "Ill compete as if Im the last guy on the depth chart trying to make this team. I think thats what makes me better and thats the way I work, and Ive always done that. The biggest difference is my familiarity with the offence, knowing my protections, not trying to come in and learn everything on the go. "Having 16 games under my belt is really going to pay off for me." Smith entered last spring in a competition with Mark Sanchez, but was thrust into the starting job when Sanchez was lost to a season-ending shoulder injury in the preseason. It was on-the-job training for Smith, who flashed at times but often looked very much like an inexperienced rookie. He enters this years competition as the incumbent, which often means that player starts with the lead -- something Smith refuses to consider. "I dont put my mind in that position," he said. "I try to work as if Im the underdog. Whether Im named the starter or not, thats the way that I work. Like I said, thats something that helps me, having that constant edge, having that chip on my shoulder, just working extremely hard every single day to get better." ' ' '

ODPOWIEDZ